- Position Title: Executive Assistant to the President
- Name of Institution: Montreat College
- Campus Location: Montreat, NC
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job Close Date: September 03, 2017
The executive assistant's primary responsibility is to provide organizational and administrative support to the president of Montreat College. The executive assistant is an ambassador of both the president and the College to internal and external constituents, requiring a high degree of professionalism, interpersonal skills, independent judgment, and maturity.
- Manage and maintain the calendar of the president
- Answer the phone and greet visitors as an ambassador/representative of the president and the College to internal and external constituents.
- Schedule meetings for the president both internally and externally by calling, emailing, and otherwise contacting prospective appointments.
- Make travel arrangements for and manage president’s College expenses.
- Acquire strong grasp of president’s budget with an understanding of how department expenses are applied. Insure ongoing management of office budget.
- Acquire and maintain proficiency using Montreat College’s database(s).
- Assist the president with his Board of Trustee responsibilities, including preparation of all logistics for meetings. Serve as a liaison/representative to trustees as needed. Attend all meetings to record and distribute minutes.
- Plan, manage, and execute special events as necessary. Will work some evenings and weekends.
- Serve as project manager for projects as assigned by the president.
- Serve as project manager for relationship-building trips, including Montreat College’s international donor relationship-building trips.
- Host both internal and external constituencies/guests, including preparation of itinerary, arrangement of meals, and all logistics. Purchase all hospitality supplies as needed.
- Maintain the appearance of the president’s office as a professional executive setting.
- Arrange schedule and location for presidential cabinet meetings and distribute agenda, minutes, and needed materials.
- Insure that correspondence to the president’s office is responded to in a timely way. Provide drafts of select presidential correspondence. This includes emails; individual letters; merge mailings, and filing documents as appropriate.
- Be responsible for all errands as needed.
- Monitor and handle petty cash for presidents’ office.
- Maintain and order all presidents’ office supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reports to Montreat College president.
- A personal commitment to Jesus Christ and support of the Christian character and mission of Montreat College.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to function well as a member of a team.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills including: word processing; a complete/firm understanding of the form and style of professional/business correspondence; travel scheduling; file maintenance, and; the ability to complete tasks in an efficient and timely way with limited supervision.
- Strong command of MSOffice, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Marketing sensibilities preferred.
- The ability to perform certain executive-level tasks.
- Net typing speed of at least 60 wpm.
- A demonstrated record of taking initiative.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent command of English as a spoken & written language, including spelling, grammar and proofreading skills.
- Project management and problem-solving skills with ability to manage multiple priorities and gain cooperation of others.
- The ability to perform tasks while being frequently interrupted.
- A strong understanding of confidentiality and the ability to handle sensitive materials and conversations.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s preferred.
- Completed application. Download application here.
- Cover letter reflecting the candidate’s ability to perform the job as detailed in the job description.
- An updated resume.
- Personal statement of Christian faith.
- Three professional references.
By mail, send to:
Paul J. Maurer
Montreat, NC 28757
By email, send to:
Hope Deifell at email@example.com
Montreat College is a Christian liberal arts college accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to offer masters, bachelors, and associates degrees. The main campus is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains fifteen miles east of Asheville, North Carolina, a region recognized as one of the most attractive living environments in the United States. Satellite campuses in Asheville, Charlotte, and Morganton supplement the main campus. The College is committed to Christ centered teaching and learning, and is a member of the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities.Download Application