- Position Title: Director of Systems Coordination
- Name of Institution: East Carolina University
- Campus Location: Greenville, NC
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job Close Date: September 30, 2017
Within the division of Financial Services, the Director of Systems Coordination serves under the leadership of the Associate Vice Chancellor for Financial Services. The position is responsible for providing technical and managerial leadership for staff tasked with coordinating design and implementation of large and complex, mission critical systems such as finance, human resources, and student financial services. The position serves as liaison to the University's Information Technology Computing Services Division. The position is responsible for providing guidance to the Financial Services Division regarding the application of technology to processes such as accounting, financial statement preparation, payroll, accounts payable, and budget. The position also oversees Banner Finance user security and assists with other projects and duties as assigned.
This position supports the university's continuous improvement efforts by providing leadership to the reengineering of university wide processes owned by Financial Services. This process involves bringing together stakeholders from across campus, working toward an optimal solution, and then guiding the implementation and training required to effect the change.
The position must plan for major changes and new systems. This involves management of fiscal resources, space and staff utilization and the on-going operation of the departmental functions. In this environment of constant change, resource planning is critical. The position must be aware of changes in technology, state and federal laws, IRS rules and regulations, policies and procedures and ensure that staff members are properly trained on these changes as well as technological advances in these areas.
The position serves on committees and specific task forces throughout the university, reviewing current procedures and providing suggestions and/or or support for new implementations. The position suggests new procedures and/or systems solutions to insure compliance with all relevant rules and regulations.
- Master's degree or equivalent in accounting, finance, or business administration.
- Five years' experience in a university setting managing a complex university administrative process in a technology-based environment.
- Working knowledge of technology infrastructure, business processes and various software tools.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with peers, subordinates, and others.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Professional certification such as a CPA or CMA.
- Ellucian/Banner software experience.
- SAS Certification.
East Carolina University requires applicants to submit a candidate profile online in order to be considered for the position. Candidates must also submit a cover letter, a curriculum vitae/resume, and a list of three references, including contact information, online.Apply