- Position Title: Assistant Professor - Birth to Kindergarten/Early Childhood Education
- Name of Institution: Livingstone College
- Campus Location: Salisbury, NC
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job Close Date: August 20, 2017
A faculty member at Livingstone College has the primary function of teaching and then assessing student performance in the career discipline, and the continuous improvement of programs. Secondary functions include professional development and scholarly activities, mentoring and advising students and service to the College and profession. This is a full-time position requiring faculty to be on campus five days a week for instruction and/or office hours.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop course syllabi that align with curriculum goals and student learning outcomes in Birth to Kindergarten/Early Childhood Education.
- Use Blackboard as an instructional aide to teach, assess student performance, and post student grades.
- Advise and register students; track student progress and performance.
- Train students in proper educational research techniques.
- Use innovative teaching techniques.
- Contribute to curriculum and program development.
- Work collaboratively with campus-wide services on student retention.
- Assist students with enrollment related challenges or issues.
- Assess course outcomes; student satisfaction, student retention and use results to improve program quality.
- Collaborate with the campus community and serve on campus-wide committees.
- Participate in professional organizations and provide community service.
- Work flexible hours, evenings and weekends as needed for Institution events.
- Collaborate with partnering schools for student observations and theory into practice placement opportunities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in B-K/Early Childhood Education; Ph.D. preferred.
- A minimum three years teaching; higher education experience preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint.
- Must be driven by the following values: Excellent Customer (Student) Service, Creativity, Quality, and Teamwork.
- Ability to participate in psychology learning community.
Livingstone College is a private, four year liberal arts institution founded in 1879 by the African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church. Secured by a strong commitment to quality instruction, the College offers excellent liberal arts and religious education programs for students designed to develop their potential for leadership and service to a global community.Apply