- Position Title: Business Officer II
- Name of Institution: University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Campus Location: Birmingham, AL
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job Close Date: December 31, 2017
- Salary Range: $57,969.60-$75,088
Serves in the capacity of business manager, relieves department head/large division director or dean of administrative detail with responsibility for financial management/budget, personnel policy administration, space and facilities planning, grants administration, policy interpretation and enforcement. Conducts special projects, analyzes data and compiles reports regarding budgets, personnel and space utilization. Interacts with University administrative units and assures the integrity of department/division/school administrative and financial operations. Manages staff and handles strategic planning. Serves as financial/budget/grants management officer for assigned unit. May interact with administrators and assist with interdepartmental collaborations. May handle compliance related issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Budget development, expenditure monitoring, journal entries, using spreadsheets/databases for reporting and assisting management with strategic planning, cost transfers, etc.
- Process human resources documents, eLAS setup and monitoring, CRFs, TEL review for all units except ARP, work with UAB HR on issues as needed.
- Provide guidance/training/assistance/staff monitoring for all VPR units and work with ARP Financial Office on all needs related to their organization. Act as backup for other positions within the VPR main office.
- Specialized reporting and database analysis (e.g., NSF survey, IEO clinical trial reporting, etc.)
- Related to the Institutional Core Research Program: Development/monitoring/analysis with financial spreadsheets/databases, organization changes/moves, cost transfers, audit inquiries, rate setting, etc.
- Process entries, assist with budget development, assist with grant core support applications, review expenditures, and processing of any other needed documents for optimum core operations.
- Develop management plans, assist cores with strategic planning, and develop billing rates, and assisting with billing processing workflow.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or a related field and five (5) years of related experience required. Work experience may NOT substitute for education requirement.
- Graduate business-related degree from an accredited institution preferred, experience with cores, billing, budgeting, strategic planning, sponsored projects of differing types, both pre and post award.
- Database skills such as building tables, queries, reports, etc.
- Human resources experience and policy development very desirable. Knowledge of RCM highly desirable.
UAB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to fostering a diverse, equitable and family-friendly environment in which all faculty and staff can excel and achieve work/life balance irrespective of, race, national origin, age, genetic or family medical history, gender, faith, gender identity and expression as well as sexual orientation. UAB also encourages applications from individuals with disabilities and veterans.Apply