- Position Title: Assistant Director Payroll Management Services
- Name of Institution: The Unviversity of Texas at San Antonio
- Campus Location: San Antonio, TX
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job Close Date: December 08, 2017
- Execute key operational activities to support the PeopleSoft Payroll application process. Subject matter expert to support translating new payroll business requirements into functional design specifications, and testing of new and existing functions. Collaborate with other PeopleSoft module teams with analysis and resolution of processing issues.
- Process and review payroll error/audit reports. Complete updates/adjustments and communicate results.
- Oversee and ensure accurate calculation and recording of the various payroll processes which includes but is not limited to: taxes, garnishments, benefits, withholding, time and special payments.
- Ensure payroll data related to new employees are setup properly in the payroll system.
- Oversee completion and accurate reporting and taxation of resources. Review and ensure applicable payroll financial statement data and notes are valid and properly documented.
- Ensure the application of payroll policies, procedures and internal controls are appropriate and implemented. Recommend revisions to policies and procedures as necessary to the Director of Payroll Management Services. Implement appropriate changes or additions to payroll procedures and ensure the changes are properly communicated to staff.
- Keep abreast changes and updates in payroll and benefits administration regulations and labor laws.
- Collaborate with internal and external customers and keeps the Director informed.
- Perform Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with automated financial accounting software.
- Experience with ERP Payroll Systems.
- Three years of payroll experience to include two years of ERP payroll experience and one year supervisory experience in a payroll office.
- Strong knowledge of IRS taxation and Payroll regulations.
- Strong verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead diverse groups and promote teamwork in a deadline driven environment.
- Strong analytical and decision making skills.
- Payroll experience in an institution of higher education or large complex payroll environment.
- Knowledgeable with Non-Resident Alien Taxation.
- PeopleSoft payroll experience.
- ERP payroll implementation experience.