- Position Title: Vice President for Finance and Operations
- Name of Institution: Erskine College
- Campus Location: Due West, SC
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job Close Date: November 12, 2017
This vice president is the chief financial officer of the institution. His responsibilities include preparing operating and capital budgets, receiving and disbursing funds within budgeted limits, overseeing financial reporting to various constituencies, and serving as the treasurer of the institution. He also supervises the management of the institution’s endowment and planned giving assets, ancillary functions (including the bookstore, dining services, and facilities management), information technology, human resources, and campus police.
- Effective stewardship of Erskine’s financial resources.
- Reports to the President and serves as a member of the Senior Team.
- Develops, for the approval of the President, the institution-wide budget and business administration objectives, policies, and programs for the effective and efficient operation of the institution via collaborative efforts with colleagues across campus.
- Administers the use of all funds, including endowment, and funds from federal, state, and other sponsored programs, including financial aid (in collaboration with the Offices of Admissions and Financial Aid).
- Administers office management and services, purchasing, auxiliary services, accounting functions and internal controls.
- Assists the President and other Officers in preparing the annual budget to be proposed to the Board of Trustees for adoption.
- Prepares financial reports for the President, other administrative officers, and the Board of Trustees.
- Coordinates with and works to support the Finance and Facilities Committee of the Board of Trustees.
- Reviews all federal and state sources of income, and supervises the preparation of proposals to the funding sources of income from the United States government.
- Insures that the financial affairs of the institution are administered as approved by the Board and in concurrence with federal and state accounting procedures.
- As the finance and investment officer of the institution, the Vice President shall, when authorized, act in the purchase and sale of real estate, the purchase and sale of personal property, the closing of mortgage loans, leases, and rental contracts, executing such legal papers as may be necessary in connection therewith, and will report on all such actions to the Board. He shall also manage the institution’s investment properties, the Controller, or others may assist this officer in the performance of these functions as needed.
- Oversees/reviews all expenditures of funds. Works to reduce or eliminate expenses to the degree possible.
- Assists the President and Institutional Advancement staff in developing proposals for external funding and grants, and participates in other forms of fund-raising as shall be appropriate for this office.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Embrace, support, and promote Erskine College’s Christian mission and Philosophy of Christian Higher Education.
- Bachelor’s degree and CPA, or MBA, PA, or AP license.
- Five years financial management and or accounting experience including two years of non-profit accounting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple activities concurrently.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Computer proficiency to include PC platforms and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work independently.
- Customer service oriented.
Deadline: Application review will begin immediately and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.Apply