- Position Title: Executive Director of Finance and Budget
- Name of Institution: Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- Campus Location: Daytona Beach, FL
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job Close Date: December 30, 2017
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University seeks a dynamic and energetic professional who, working with Embry-Riddle’s Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, will provide strategic leadership and direction for the University’s annual operating and capital budgeting process, financial planning, benchmarking, forecasting and analysis. The Executive Director will advise and guide University leadership on short- and long-term institutional planning, budgeting and strategic resource allocation. The selected individual will manage the development of long-term budget projections including budget models aligned with the strategic direction of the University. The Executive Director is responsible for the University’s procurement function and will oversee strategic sourcing and cost savings. The Executive Director will manage a team of 12 and coordinate with the Controller and the campus Chief Business Officers (CBOs) to promote a unified view of the University’s interests and align departments and campuses in working toward common financial goals.
The Executive Director of Finance and Budget reports to the Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer. The Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer has oversight of a $375 million annual operating budget. For more information about Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, please visit our website: https://news.erau.edu/media-resources/about-embry-riddle.
- Lead the planning and development of the annual operating and capital budget process and related financial plans.
- Responsible for the preparation of University-wide financial reports and presentations to the Board of Trustees and subcommittees; attend and provide support at select meetings.
- Prepare financial support and make recommendations for high visibility special projects such as debt financing.
- Use data analytics to develop business case models that lead to sound and strategic organizational decision making.
- Evaluate and recommend strategies and plans to help ensure the University attains its financial goals.
- Serve on various University-wide committees regarding financial planning and budgeting.
- Lead, supervise, appraise and delegate work activity to direct and indirect staff. Provide professional development opportunities for team.
- Manage the development of budget reports, spending and variance analyses, and financial forecasts.
- Monitor budget performance, variances and project revenues and expenses. Review analysis and provide senior leadership explanations of variances and recommendations on resolution.
- Support best practices in procurement including University-wide strategic sourcing to enable expense reductions.
- In collaboration with Information Technology provide expertise in evaluating and implementing budget and forecasting tools and applications.
- Strong planning and project management skills; prioritize work and set a clear culture for delivering on projects that make a measurable difference to the organization.
- Analyze and evaluate team’s business practices, and recommend actions to streamline and improve processes and operational efficiencies.
- Improve the quality of financial analysis and reporting using key performance indicators.
- Use best practices to develop policies, procedures, training and communications, as needed, to ensure a fully integrated process across campuses and entities.
- Master’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting or related field or commensurate education and experience.
- Minimum of seven years’ experience with increasing responsibility in financial management to include planning, budgeting, forecasting and analysis.
- Minimum of five years’ supervisory experience.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, with internal and external customers, Board of Trustees, senior leadership, faculty and staff and external constituents.
- Knowledge of and experience with financial modeling systems and ERP systems along with experience managing large capital budgets comprised of multiple funding sources; working knowledge of Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service a plus.
- Knowledge of facilities planning and integration with academic and financial planning.
- Working knowledge of capital processes including RFP and procurement processes Demonstrated interpersonal and collaborative skills with ability to work with all levels of the University.
- Ability to develop and present detailed financial information including proposals, presentations, budgets, forecasts, financial plans, and variance analysis to senior management.
- Ability to manage heavy workload with competing priorities and work independently with minimal supervision as part of a team.
- Strong analytical (data mining and analysis), organizational and project management skills, and ability to manage change.
- A credible leader with ability to foster trust and influence change with a broad group of constituents.
- Strong problem solving, judgment and decision-making abilities.
- Experience in a higher education environment or related non-profit desired.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.Apply