- Position Title: Vice President for Finance and Business
- Name of Institution: The Citadel
- Campus Location: Charleston, SC
- Email: email@example.com
- Job Close Date: November 10, 2017
The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina, seeks a highly knowledgeable, strategically-oriented financial executive to serve as its new Vice President for Finance & Business. This is an exceptional opportunity to join The Citadel and its leadership team whose mission is the development of principled leaders. The Citadel is noted for its educational reputation as well as its rich history. Founded in 1842, The Citadel has about 2,200 undergraduate students who make up the Corps of Cadets. Another 1,000 students attend the Graduate College. Men and women in the Corps live and study under a classical military system that makes leadership and character training an essential part of the educational experience. For the past six years, The Citadel has ranked #1 in the annual U.S. News & World Report ratings of southern colleges that offer at least a master’s degree. For more information about The Citadel, please visit www.citadel.edu.
Reporting directly to the President, the Vice President for Finance and Business is a member of the senior leadership team, and works with the team to advance the strong financial position of the college. The Vice President for Finance and Business works strategically and collaboratively to enhance The Citadel’s financial strength through strategic planning, data analysis, innovative ideas, effective partnerships, efficiencies, high quality budgeting and monitoring, accurate accounting and tax compliance, and useful reporting required to support sound decision-making. Functional areas reporting directly to the Vice President for Finance and Business include: Financial Services; Budget and Analysis; Procurement Services; Auxiliary Services; and Human Resources.
- A master’s degree in business, accounting, or finance; at least ten (10) years of related professional financial experience that demonstrates progressive responsibility and evidence of strategic leadership; and at least five (5) years of applicable higher education financial management experience is preferred.
- Broad technological experience optimizing the use of complex automated systems, analytical tools, and reporting implementation.
- Experience in capital projects and bond financing a plus.
- Effective leadership skills combined with a strong work ethic and an ability to prioritize work, advance multiple projects at once, and adjust plans as circumstances change. Ability to think strategically, anticipate opportunities, create a shared vision, promote change, and implement new strategies in a complex environment with a diverse constituency.
- Collaborative nature and positive outlook that supports the building of teams and effective relationships across organizational lines. A strong desire to mentor and develop staff while promoting a respectful environment and workplace.
For additional information; please contact:
Coleman Lew + Associates, Inc.
326 W. 10th Street, Charlotte, NC 28202
Ken Carrick, President
Janny DeLoache, Consultant
(704) 377-0362 or (800) 533-9523 or fax (704) 377-0424.
Please note; an online application is required for consideration.
The Citadel is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate against any individual, or group of individuals, on the basis of age, color, race, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, pregnancy, national origin, genetic information or veteran's status in its employment practices. The Citadel has a culturally diverse faculty and staff committed to working in a multicultural environment. We encourage applications from minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans.Apply