- Position Title: Instructor of Culinary Arts
- Name of Institution: Livingstone College
- Campus Location: Salisbury, NC
- Email: email@example.com
- Job Close Date: November 10, 2017
A faculty member at Livingstone College has the primary function of teaching and then assessing student performance in the career discipline, and the continuous improvement of programs. Secondary functions include professional development and scholarly activities, mentoring and advising students; and service to the College and profession.
The results you will deliver each day that matter most!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop course syllabi that align with curriculum goals and student learning outcomes in Culinary Arts.
- Use Blackboard as an instructional aide to teach, assess student performance, and post student grades.
- Advise and register students.
- Train students in proper food handling techniques, equipment usage, sanitation and safety, menu planning and execution, dining service, and other lab activities.
- Use innovative teaching techniques.
- Contribute to curriculum and program development.
- Work collaboratively with campus-wide services on student retention.
- Assist students with enrollment related challenges or issues.
- Assess course outcomes; student satisfaction, student retention and use results to improve program quality.
- Collaborate with the campus community and serve on campus-wide committees.
- Participate in professional organizations and provide community service.
- Work flexible hours, evenings and weekends as needed for events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What you will need to be successful!
- Required: MA/MS degree in Culinary Arts or closely related field preferred.
- A minimum three years teaching and field experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint.
- Must be driven by the following values: Excellent Customer (Student) Service, Creativity, Quality, and Teamwork.
- Safe-serve certification is required.
Livingstone College is a private, four year liberal arts institution founded in 1879 by the African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church. Secured by a strong commitment to quality instruction, the College offers excellent liberal arts and religious education programs for students designed to develop their potential for leadership and service to a global community.Apply