- Position Title: Financial Aid Counselor
- Name of Institution: Livingstone College
- Campus Location: Salisbury, NC
- Email: email@example.com
- Job Close Date: November 10, 2017
Working within federal, state, and institutional policies and regulations, the Financial Aid Counselor provides financial aid information and counseling services to students and families.
- Counsels and advises students about financial aid eligibility, application procedures, aid programs, aid eligibility, packaging policies, costs, billing process, indebtedness, money management and financial planning. Also provides general information via e-mail, phone, and personal contact.
- Answers inquiries to financial aid email account including basic inquires and serves as backup to incoming calls and front desk reception duties.
- Modifies financial aid packages based on changes in enrollment level, budget adjustments, additional aid, etc. and communicates changes in eligibility to students.
- Work with Director to certify, originate and disburse federal, private, and institutional student and parent loans.
- Assists in oversight of document imaging process, writes procedures, and trains staff.
- Oversees customer service functions of the office to ensure that the high expectations of students, parents, and the Livingstone College community are met.
- Keeps Director of Financial Aid informed of issues and concerns raised by inquiries; identifies and recommends changes in processes to better expedite financial aid process (both general and student specific).
- Performs other duties as assigned which support the purpose and initiatives of the Financial Aid Office and the College.
- Runs disbursement functions in PowerFAIDS and sends disbursement files to Student Accounts for posting.
- Some levels of undergraduates study.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1 year financial aid experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of federal and state rules and regulations related to financial aid administration; experience working with PowerFAIDS, Jenzabar, COD, EDConnect and document imaging a plus.
- Experience providing exemplary customer service in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with a primary focus on communication and counseling skills, problem-solving abilities and attention to detail.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Excellent communication and counseling skills (verbal, written, and presentation).
- Detail oriented and ability to organize and manage multiple projects while working in a high-pressure office during peak business times of the year.
- Technological competence including experience working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Access), financial aid management systems, websites, etc.
- Patience, high energy, enthusiasm for helping others.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and interdependently.
- Team Player.
- Commitment to business and finance functions, enrollment team and overall goals of Livingstone College.
Working Environment: Fast-paced office environment.
Work Schedule: Full Year. Shift: Monday – Friday, 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.; Flexible as needed during peak seasons.
Livingstone College is a private, four year liberal arts institution founded in 1879 by the African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church. Secured by a strong commitment to quality instruction, the College offers excellent liberal arts and religious education programs for students designed to develop their potential for leadership and service to a global community.Apply