- Position Title: Financial Aid Assistant Director
- Name of Institution: Livingstone College
- Campus Location: Salisbury, NC
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job Close Date: November 10, 2017
Professional Management along with direction and coordination with the Director of Financial Aid. Working within federal, state, and institutional policies and regulations, the Financial Aid Assistant Director provides financial aid information and counseling services to students, families, and the community.
- Counsels and advises students about financial aid eligibility, application procedures, aid programs, aid eligibility, packaging policies, costs, billing process, indebtedness, money management and financial planning. Also provides general information via e-mail, phone, and personal contact.
- Return of Title IV funding (R2T4), Verification, Auditing, Reconciliation, Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) and engagement in all areas of financial aid functionality.
- Modifies financial aid packages based on changes in enrollment level, budget adjustments, additional aid, etc. and communicates changes in eligibility to students.
- Work with Director to certify, originate and disburse federal, private, and institutional student and parent loans, as needed.
- Assists in oversight of document imaging process, writes procedures, and trains staff.
- Oversees customer service functions of the office to ensure that the high expectations of students, parents, and the Livingstone College community are met.
- Keeps Director of Financial Aid informed of issues and concerns raised by inquiries; identifies and recommends changes in processes to better expedite financial aid process (both general and student specific).
- Performs other duties as assigned which support the purpose and initiatives of the Financial Aid Office and the College.
- Runs disbursement functions in PowerFAIDS and sends disbursement files to Student Accounts for posting.
- Extensive knowledge of financial aid with 7 years or more in the area of higher education.
- Experience providing exemplary customer service in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with a primary focus on communication and counseling skills, problem-solving abilities, and attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 7 year financial aid experience; knowledge and understanding of federal and state rules and regulations related to financial aid administration; excellent knowledge and experience working with PowerFAIDS and Jenzabar Software.
Livingstone College is a private, four year liberal arts institution founded in 1879 by the African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church. Secured by a strong commitment to quality instruction, the College offers excellent liberal arts and religious education programs for students designed to develop their potential for leadership and service to a global community.Apply