- Position Title: Controller
- Name of Institution: Anderson University
- Campus Location: Anderson, SC
- Email: BusinessOfficeJobs@andersonuniversity.edu
- Job Close Date: November 10, 2017
Anderson University’s Business Office invites applications for a full-time position as Controller. Anderson University is an innovative, entrepreneurial, premier comprehensive, liberal arts university affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention. Candidates with a strong Christian value system, lifestyle, and commitment to the integration of faith and learning are encouraged to apply.
The purpose of this position is for the financial management of all accounting areas of the institution, including budget, grants and contracts, accounts payable, purchasing, university credit cards, cash flow, accounts receivable, payroll, student accounts, endowments, federal Perkins student loans, fixed assets, tax, fiscal inventory, general ledger and banking relations, and financial reporting. Responsible for management and implementation of fiscal policies and procedures.
Candidates should be prepared to:
- Manage and maintain all financial records of the institution, including developing and administering information and special reports for executive and decision-making support, grants, monitoring the budget, preparing financial reports, managing the general ledger, cash flow and endowment activities.
- Manage day-to-day business office operations: accounts payable, purchasing, university credit cards, cashier, accounts receivable, payroll, student accounts, endowments, federal Perkins student loans, fixed assets, fiscal inventory, federal and state tax, grants and contracts, general ledger and banking relations, including administering development and maintenance of procedure manuals for all functions of the business office, as well as the University’s fiscal policies and procedures.
- Oversee and supervise the preparation of the annual form 990.
- Manage annual financial audit.
- Oversee all required regulatory and federal/state financial reporting and annual financial reporting to outside entities (i.e., SACs, IPEDS, DOE, NCAA, IRS, SCDOR, federal and state surveys, etc.
- Manage the support for the University’s annual budgeting process.
- Assist in special accounting and finance projects with the VP for Finance and CFO.
- Oversee and manage the internal control function of the Business Office.
- Participate in committee assignments as directed.
- At least three to five years of professional accounting experience, preferably in Higher Education. Non-profit or public accounting is also beneficial.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting and a CPA certification required.
- Strong leadership skills, with demonstrated experience in the supervision and management of personnel.Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively and collaboratively across the campus community.
- Skilled in managing multiple priorities in a complex, high demand environment.
- Thorough knowledge of financial analysis and generally accepted accounting principles, and experience in applying them to organizational operations.
- Creativity and solution-oriented thinking, comfortable adapting to and leading change.
- Management skills; knowledge of: accounting and reporting standards; state and federal tax and grant laws and regulations; federal regulations for Perkins Loans; professional discretion and judgment; initiative, analytical, computer, communication (written and verbal) and multi-tasking skills.
- Reporting requirements of other outside entities.
- Applicants must be able to fully support the University vision, mission and statement of faith and contribute to the spiritual and academic fellowship of the University.
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Submit letter of application, completed Staff Application found at https://www.andersonuniversity.edu/hr/jobs, resume, and names and telephone numbers of three professional references to:
Business Office Hiring Manager
Anderson, SC 29621
Applications may be emailed to: BusinessOfficeJobs@andersonuniversity.edu
Anderson University does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or religion in its programs and activities. Please direct inquiries to Dr. Beverly Rice McAdams, Vice President for Diversity and Inclusion/Title IX Administrator, Merritt Administration Building, 3rd floor, 316 Boulevard, Anderson, SC, 29621, (864) 231-2126, firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Office of Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education at email@example.com.Apply