- Position Title: Assistant Professor of Hospitality Management
- Name of Institution: Livingstone College
- Campus Location: Salisbury, NC
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job Close Date: November 10, 2017
A faculty member at Livingstone College has the primary function of teaching and then assessing student performance, and continuous improvement of programs. Secondary functions include professional development and scholarly activities, mentoring and advising students; and service to the College and profession. This position requires a Ph.D., or equivalent in Hospitality Management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and practical core knowledge and skills required for hospitality professionals in the twenty-first century.
- Use technology platforms and assistive technology to enhance student learning.
- Foster academic excellence in teaching and learning.
- Support the Livingstone College Holistic philosophy through commitment to success of students with diverse goals, backgrounds and learning styles.
- Instruct students in accordance with college policies, procedures and curriculum approved by the Department.
- Use out-of-class duty hours for class preparation, advising, mentoring, assisting students and participating in department/college activities.
- Serve the College through any of the following: (a) committee membership, (b) curriculum development, (c) development of innovative instruction, (d) sponsorship of student organizations, (e) representation of the College in professionally related community activities, and (f) special projects.
- Supports College extracurricular functions.
- Maintains currency in teaching field(s) through professional development and scholarly activities.
- Demonstrates a professional, cooperative and considerate attitude toward students, colleagues and staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What you will need to be successful!
- Required: The Ph.D. in Hospitality Management.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint and familiarity with learning platforms used in higher education.
Livingstone College is a private, four year liberal arts institution founded in 1879 by the African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church. Secured by a strong commitment to quality instruction, the College offers excellent liberal arts and religious education programs for students designed to develop their potential for leadership and service to a global community.Apply