- Position Title: Assistant Director for Finance
- Name of Institution: University of South Carolina
- Campus Location: Columbia, SC
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job Close Date: October 24, 2017
- Salary Range: $46,259-$46,259
The assistant director for finance assists with the oversight of day-to-day fiscal operations for assigned areas within the Department of Student Life. Primary responsibilities include the billing and disbursement functions for the Greek Village, analysis/reconciliation of Student Life accounts, and utilization of PeopleSoft to execute financial processes. This position is also responsible for the evaluation and implementation of departmental fiscal policies, procedures, and systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field and 5 years professional accounting experience.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, theories and terminology of accounting, banking, budgeting, financial management or investment.
- Knowledge of state government fiscal accounting processes.
- Knowledge of financial statement analysis.
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex financial data and reports. Ability to plan, organize, review and supervise the work of subordinates.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Basic knowledge of University policies and procedures related to finance.