- Position Title: Bursar
- Name of Institution: Rollins College
- Campus Location: Winter Park, FL
- Email: email@example.com
- Job Close Date: February 23, 2018
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President for Business and Finance, the Bursar directly supervises a full-time staff of four and provides hands-on leadership for the College's Bursar's Office.
Management and oversight of cashiering functions and cash-handling procedures; timely completion and submission of required reports; ensuring institutional compliance with financial and State aid laws, regulations and policies; coordination and conducting cash management training; receipt of all student loan disbursements and issuance of student refund checks in compliance with Title IV Cash Management regulations; monitoring of past due funds, cash flow, revenue, billing, month end, collections, accounts receivable, withdrawal process, and credit balances; participation in daily/weekly accountability meetings and trainings; development and review of write-offs, aging reports, receivables and monthly bad debt for accuracy; set up and auditing of rate tables and fees; 1098-T data collection, maintenance, reconciliation and reporting.
Provide oversight of billing and collection of student accounts and non-student receivables; manage collection activities such as sending follow-up inquiries, negotiating with past due accounts; establish and maintain accurate and timely collections of past due accounts and referral to external collections; reconciliation of all related Banner accounts and financial reporting; establishes, maintains and publishes student financial policies; processes departmental cash receipts, petty cash payments, and cash advance requests.
Establish and maintain policies, procedures, and internal controls for the accounting of cash, credit card, and other payments and for the deposit of such payments. Implement strategies to monitor receivables and optimize collections. Provide regular status reports and monitor performance against relevant benchmarks.
Partners with campus leaders and stakeholders in planning and prioritization; establishes, enhances, and maintains effective relationships with all College constituents; works closely with other offices across campus including Student Affairs, Student Records and Financial Aid to resolve past due balances; manages enrollment removal process for students with significant past due balances; and establish and enforce policies and controls which maintain compliance with Federal Aid and Cash Management regulations.
Preparation of quarterly and annual receivables-related audit schedules.
Works with the Finance and Treasury Office on Ecommerce initiatives to ensure the accounts receivable process functions appropriately.
Ensures A/R account balances are accurate in the Campus financial system and works closely with the Accounting office to ensure the data is accurate in the system.
Hire, train, motivate and evaluate staff.
Create and maintain systems and internal controls.
Maintain control of the office’s budget expenditures.
Provide technical leadership in the utilization and management of the College's student A/R system and AP module (SunGard Higher Education/Banner) and related data management and reporting functions; and design and maintain relevant website content.
Represent the Office of Finance on a variety of College committees (e.g. Finance & Services Committee and the Enterprise Computing Group). Also serves on the College’s Emergency Response Team, Continuity of Operations Committee and the Service Excellence Team), requiring an in-depth knowledge of the College’s mission, systems architecture and technology.
Training and coordination of policies and regulations, including, among others, the Red Flag Rule.
Accesses, recommends and implements technology solutions that are modern, compliant, secure, and well architected; understands the diverse needs of the College community and delivers systems and tools that provide value; collaborates with Finance and Treasury and other colleagues on strategic initiatives and other projects to identify and support appropriate solutions, based on a detailed understanding of AR and business requirements and federal regulations.
- Requires a bachelor's degree and at least 5 years of experience in customer service management and operational management or in a related area.
- Requires a familiarity with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of independence, creativity and latitude is expected.
- Requires a deep understanding of financial systems and their relationship to financial reporting and other core financial processes; detailed technical knowledge of ERP systems (SCT Banner) and the integration of other vended or custom applications (Blackboard, Adirondack, EVisions, Nelnet/QuikPAY).
- Requires a strong understanding of data and systems architecture; demonstrated experience in report development in a way that is efficient, scalable, maintainable, and delivers value through the collection and analysis of data from a variety of sources.
- Dynamic leadership, communication (written and oral), and interpersonal skills; excels at collaboration, consensus building, and customer service; demonstrated ability to deal with conflict and complex situations.
- This position plays a critical role to keep our business processes in order, implement effective management structure, and maintain financial aid and collection procedures.
- Strong budgeting, forecasting, and reporting skills are essential, and candidates must be willing to work evenings. This is a student (customer) interfacing role, and will require an outgoing, dynamic and enthusiastic individual to succeed.
To apply, please submit an application and upload the following materials:
- Cover letter
Screening of applications will begin immediately.
Rollins offers a competitive salary plus generous benefits package featuring comprehensive health insurance coverage, generous paid time off, retirement savings plan with generous employer contribution, full tuition waiver after one year for employees, spouses, domestic partners and dependents.Apply