- Position Title: Institutional Research Business Analyst
- Name of Institution: University of Dallas
- Campus Location: Irving, TX
- Email: email@example.com
- Job Close Date: April 01, 2018
Who We Are
The University of Dallas is a private university that leads in academics and has been consistently ranked as one of the top regional universities in the country, holding a place on both U.S. News & World Report’s list of the top 10 Catholic colleges in the West and Forbes’ Best Value Colleges. We thrive on professional development, a family-oriented environment, our rich traditions and exceptional employee benefits.
UD is currently seeking an Institutional Research Business Analyst who will be responsible for providing technical assistance and analysis regarding data needs, and assisting with research and planning, data collection, data analysis for researchers, faculty and staff of the University of Dallas. This individual will have the opportunity to respond to external survey and annual state, federal, and other external reporting requirements.
- Assists in the development of research, planning, outcomes assessment and evaluation studies.
- Assists in the design of appropriate research instruments, surveys, questionnaires, schedules, and other relevant tools for the collection of data.
- Responsible to perform data analysis in support of critical decision making that will govern the direction of the university.
- Assists in the collection, analysis, and interpretation of higher education data; and in the development and dissemination of reports for various audiences to support institutional initiatives and requirements.
- Provide technical assistance by responding to inquiries from other areas regarding errors, problems, or questions about programs.
- Prepares data for Common Data Set and external surveys including, but not limited to, U.S. News & World Report and American Association of University Professors (AAUP).
- Assists in the preparation of submissions for state, federal, and other external reporting requirements including, but not limited to, Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS), Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB), NCAA compliance, and ICUT (Independent Colleges and Universities of Texas).
- This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Employees may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by the supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation.
UD provides competitive pay and benefits, including eligibility to participate in medical, dental, life and disability insurance; employee events; a health and wellness program; a free fitness center; competitive leave programs; free tuition for employees and their families; and matching retirement plan contributions.
If this sounds like the job for you, apply online.
The University of Dallas is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The university does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status, age or disability in the administration of its employment practices.
- Bachelor’s degree required with a major in business, educational research, social/behavioral sciences, information technology, public administration or related field.
- Three years’ work experience in grant or contract administration or closely related work required, preferably in an institution of higher education.
- Proficiency with MS Office skills including Word, Excel, Access, Sharepoint, and Project.
- Working knowledge with queries, data mining, SQL, and SAS.
- Ability to generate reports including figures and tables including experience in a report writer such as Tableau or Crystal Reports.
- Master’s degree.